Phisherman

Depends on the microwave. Some vent to the top, back, or front. If
you have not purchased a microwave yet, check with your local
appliance store. If there are no vent holes on a particular side, most
likely no clearance is needed for that particular face. They do
installations and can provide you all the options. All microwaves
need some space to vent steam/heat and use fan(s). Read the
owner/installation manuals.

On Mon, 07 Mar 2005 18:54:43 -0800, Owlman wrote:

What is the required area around a microwave that is required for air
flow? We're in the middle of a kitchen remodel. We've been told we
are required to have a microwave trim kit for a full-sized microwave
in order for their to be sufficient air circulation. The trim kit,
however, is awfully large and is really cutting back on our pantry
space.

Is a trim kit required for a microwave to be within a cabinet? Again,
is their a minimum distance required around the microwave to assure
proper air flow?

Thanx much for your help.