Norminn

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
"Adam" wrote in message
ups.com...

I'm installing pine wainscoting in a bathroom and want to paint it.
Should I use a primer or a sealer or anything under the paint, or can I
just paint it? I assume I should use at least semi-gloss paint. Any
other tips or warnings?
Thanks!

Always use a primer. Since it is in a moist environment, prime and paint
the back also before you install it. Then just go back and touch up any
marks from cutting and nailing.

Do the cut ends, as well. Moisture will condense, run down and collect
on bottom of boards as it does on doors and woodwork. It can wick into
the end grain if not sealed up. Alkyd is my choice for woodwork,
kitchens and baths, as I believe is is less permeable than latex. Also
easier to sand out globbies and brush marks. Could be wrong. Paintable
caulk might not be a bad idea.