Brian O

"Kim" wrote in message
CR rated Sears (Kenmore) at the top when I purchased mine but I had
problems, a bad motor being one of them, just few days after warranty.

Personally I stay away from Kenmore and Frigidaire. Manufactures used to
make machines that last well over 25 years but now you're lucky if it last
more than 7.

I have a Maytag now and its doing ok so far.

"Art" wrote in message
nk.net...
Check Consumer Reports at library.

I don't put too much stock in anything CR has to say. That may be their
business, but from some of the reports I've seen, they don't know much about
products as they espouse. I saw their rating on bicycles a few years ago.
Everything they said was "better" was only "better" for a person that likes
to ride around the block. A serious rider would be getting injuries and
lots of uncomfortable rides with some of the products they suggested. I'm
not sure where you would go to look at various washers, but I would try to
find an association that deals with a specific appliance and see what kind
of reviews they have to offer. A trade rag of somekind might be the best
place to find help. Even a technicians monthly would give you a better idea.