Arthur

Default Drywall ceiling advice request

Hello.
I tore down a lath and plaster ceiling a while back and I'm ready to
replace it with drywall.

The room is 4m by 3.4m (into the alcove).
I was thinking of ordering 4 sheets of 12' x 4' and then fill in the
remaining
area with 8' x 3' sheets. This is to minimize the joins to fill in.

I've never drywalled a boggin thing before in my life.
So if you can offer advice on any of the following, I'd appreciate it very
much.

Tapered edge sheets/square edge ::.pros and cons?

In a pefect world I will be able to slap 2 coats of paint on it and it will
look fantastic but whats the reality?

With a 10' high ceiling I'm gonna need to hire a panel lifter...Pros and
cons..best deal?

But mostly concerned that the joists don't present a perfectly level surface
and that it will result
in dents or hollows to the finished surface. Advice on this please?

Thanks

Arthur.