Will

Derek Andrews wrote:
Will wrote:

Most of those factors are a problem. The nearest decent shows would
require overnight stays, so that immediately ups the capital cost of
doing a show, not to mention the much higher booth fees. I would also
need a new booth and lots more stock than I ever have at that time of
year. That in turn would require a larger vehicle to get it all there.
Maybe one day, but on the other hand my dream is to be able to drop
shows from my marketing mix altogether

Derek Andrews, woodturner

http://www.seafoamwoodturning.com
http://chipshop.blogspot.com

Maybe you should consider doing the shows with someone who does related
work. Turner and a small furniture maker together etc. or something...

I have been thinking about finding a craft jeweler to work the shows
together. (When I start.)

Used these tactics before in volume marketing. Always having stuff that
related to the main sale. That way you could sell on the "real or
perceived" issue -- since you had all the pieces...

--
Will R.
Jewel Boxes and Wood Art