Will

Owen:

Not intended for specifically you. Did the list as much for myself as
anything - just a quick reminder in Marketing 101. :-)

However, if everyone thought of all those costs and "jobs" then we would
have fewer people selling - because it costs money to sell and many
people "subsidize" each piece sold by using their "real income" to
produce and sell the pieces they make.

People who "dabble" in an arts and crafts occupation tend to bring down
the prices. People who dabble in the real estate market (or stocks) --
by contrast -- tend to raise the prices -- and cause a boom and bust
mentality.

Their practice of "dabbling" in crafts production cuts into your income
-- by perpetuating a long-term "bust market" in crafts.

Think of it this way. If you are selling a house, the market is normally
controlled by the lowest price house on the street. If you have a $1
million home on a "$150,000 house" street. It is very tough to sell at
your price - maybe impossible. A $155K house will sell easily.

A new low -- is a new high.

Owen Lowe wrote:
In article ,
Will wrote:

Was that enough?

Plenty. Thank you for taking the time to remind me of all the other
things to consider with selling.

--
Will
Occasional Techno-geek