Greg Deputy

I think i've got it covered. I'm going to rewire the transformer per the
diagram, which is for the coolant pump as far as i can tell.

For the motor, i'm going to have to pull it out of the cabinet to rewire it.
I cant get to its wires the way its tucked up inside the machine. I'll take
the opportunity to clean it up and the inside of the cabinet, its pretty
oily and nasty in there anyways.

I've already got a 220v 10hp phase converter, and the motor is a 220v/440v
so i'm going to rewire it and go that route rather than add in a
transformer.

Thanks for all the help, wish me luck!

"Grant Erwin" wrote in message
Greg, you've got a real can of worms here. One thing you may not have
considered yet is to generate sufficient 220 3phase and just convert it
to 440 3phase using a (biggish) transformer. Or, you can convert 220
single phase to 440 single phase and then make a 440 phase converter.

A guy in our area recently did just that. Big transformers sometimes show
up but they often aren't cheap. I have one that might be big enough for

you,
and might be cheap enough for you, but it's in LA and I won't be running
a vehicle down there until spring break which is a few weeks away. I don't
have the specs on hand, either. I do have 'em somewhere, though.

To email me, either use or go to the link:
http://www.tinyisland.com/email.html

Grant Erwin
Kirkland, Washington