Andy Hill

"Travis Jordan" wrote:
habbi wrote:
I have pink made for petroleum use.

Normally pink is used to designate a thicker (.004) tape for plumbing
use. I didn't know it was also used to designate petroleum use.

Yeah, I've always seen red / pink designated for plumbing. Once you get to
thicker and/or denser, I thought the only difference was the type of or lack of
lubricant on the surface of the tape (which, AFAIK, is 100% teflon except for
the pigmentation). Doesn't seem like it'd really matter for petroleum use...a
few ppm of contaminants from the tape lube shouldn't be an issue.