Andy Hill

"Travis Jordan" wrote:
Andy Hill wrote:
"sligo" wrote:
I know yellow is used for gas and white for plumbing.
Is there any real difference between the two tapes?
Seamus J. Wilson

The yellow stuff is thicker and less likely to have pieces break off
to clog orifices.

Not necessarily. PTFE high-density tapes come in a number of colors,
and can be all the same thickness.

Well, yeah, the high-density (unstretched) stuff can be different colors
(including unpigmented), but I'm relatively sure that if it's pigmented yellow
it's going to be the high-density gas-rated tape (the whole point of the
pigmentation is to make it easy to for the inspector -- a low-density yellow
tape would kind of negate that reason).

I sort've interpreted the question to be at the "Home Depot" level, and most
unpigmented teflon tape I've run into there has been the stretched stuff that
shreds if you look at it cross-eyed.