John B

What does he think of Moen?
I must admit that I have had more than my share of trouble with my
single-handled Moen kitchen faucet. It is "maintenance intensive."
However, the cheerful staff at Moen promptly sends me replacement parts, at
no charge whatsoever, for my faucet. I have gotten cartridges, spout,
anything I needed.

My Moen bathroom faucets (shower and lavatory) have been flawless. Zero
maintenance. All I do is clean the scale, etc., around them. I've had them
for years without any maintenance needs at all. They get lots of use, and
never drip. Thus I feel that the Moen faucets with separate hot and cold
cartridges have superb reliability and performance characteristics. Heck,
nothing lasts forever, but these faucets are the most reliable products I've
ever bought. They're nice looking, and were reasonably priced.

I had a Delta in the kitchen, and got rid of it years ago. The sprayer
didn't work.

Another consideration of faucets, though the data might be hard to gather,
is their tendency to leach lead. I would like to get current data. Haven't
thought about it for years, though.

"Steve Manes" wrote

Yeah, my girlfriend's brother-in-law is a master plumber and hates
Price-Pfister too. He doesn't care much for Delta either. He was
trying to steer me to Grohe for my kitchen but, damn, those things are
serious $$.

Steve Manes
Brooklyn, NY
http://www.magpie.com/house/bbs