John B

"bumtracks" wrote
Less than half the Teflon-coated pans sold in China meet the government's
quality standards, and poor-quality products would be more likely to

release
harmful chemicals during cooking at high temperatures, the state-run New
Beijing Post reported.

What "government standards"? Anybody who cooks on Chinese teflon, or puts
his food on those beautifully painted Chinese pottery is trusting his health
to "the wind." Then, again, some folks go to drug pushers, the most
scrupulous people on earth, and injest, inject, snort, or inhale
god-knows-what from god-knows-where. And let's not forget the ubiquitous
spam what wants us to ingest sexual potency drugs...or ANYthing at all, from
god-knows-who.

There's a lot of unmarked/unlabeled teflon tape floating around from
china. .

The release of chemicals into my gas flame is of no concern to me. The
release of chemicals into the food I might eat concerns me.