Bob G

On 5 Mar 2005 19:37:08 -0800, "Say_what"
wrote:

I currently have a detached garage with two-garage door. I was
wondering what it would take to convert from a two-door system to a
single larger door. Has anyone ever attempted that? Just wonder what
it would entail.

=====================================
As others have said its all about weight support....I converted the
other direction from an 18 foot door down to a pair or 8 1/2 doors....

That made installing a lift in my one garage doable...since I could
have a car up on he lift with a door open... have since installed
roll up doors like those seen on loading docks ...

At one time I did have a fiberglass 18 foot door on that garage and
high winds could (and did) suck it out more then once...The fiberglass
was just too light...when replaced with a normal wood door I had no
problems...now I have 2 roll up doors out there however..

Bob Griffiths