Stormin Mormon

I admit, I've never worked on a dish washer. But, it sounds likely that you
may have a bad motor run capacitor. Or somethign mechanically blocking
whatever it is that moves. Yes, on this one, I'm clueless.

If memory serves, I think I've seen a book or two available for dishwasher
repair.

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Alan Greenspam" wrote in message

Well its more like the sound of a motor unsucessfully trying to start -
its a very low hum that lasts about a second and then stops. The sound
is accompanied by the sound of water starting to flow out.

The rinse cycle is slightly different as the rinse cycle starts for a
second before you hear the same low hum.