Paul Duggan

Default From Double Gang Box to Single

I have a double gang wall box with a three switch plate on it. One of
those switches is now redundant and I want to replace the switches
with a single-width plate with two dimmers mounted on it. I could hack
the old box out of the wall and put a single-gang one in to mount the
new plate on it, but I want to avoid that if I can. I've been told
that some sort of adapter/converter exists to turn your double gang
box into a single gang one but I've had no lukc tracking one down so
far. Can anyone confirm if these things exist, and if so what they're
called so I might have better luck finding one?
Thanks.