John H

I live further south than Florida (43degrees south of the equator in
Christchurch, New Zealand). Our older houses are poorly insulated as in the
past we never took the cold seriously just built a bigger fire. The humidity
isn't particularily high here, the last few days have been 70 to 75%.
People who use dehumidifiers say that even in modern houses they are a good
idea.
John.

"Joseph Meehan" wrote in message
John H wrote:
I had acrylic window panes fitted and I think that people may expect
more improvement than they get (as measured by heating bills). Using a
dehumidifier is a free way (for them) of getting that better result.
John

I am not at all sure what you are getting at. Is it possible you are

in
the south, like Florida hurricane belt? Up north we seldom use acrylic
windows and dehumidifiers are generally only needed for damp basements.

"Joseph Meehan" wrote in message
John H wrote:
Does anyone know about the accuracy of electronic moisture meters. I
have just had double glazing installed and the sales person said I
should get a dehumidifier and moister meter. I have a hygrometer on
an old barometer in the hall.
John

I find that most of the electronic meters are reasonably
accurate and they usually are consistent.

The questions that comes to my mind is why did the sales person
suggest you get a dehumidifier and moisture meter? I think this may
be a more important issue.

--
Joseph Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math