Stormin Mormon

Hmmm. Well, if it's beep, honk, clang, whowwee chigga chigga, that could be
a different sypmtom than beep honk honk, scrape, grid, winga winga chiga.

I'm sorry, we can't make a diagnosis until we are more certain of the
symptoms your unit has been presenting.

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Alan Greenspam" wrote in message
I have an GE GSD500P-45AW dishwasher that stopped working in the middle
of the wash cycle. It made a loud beep (more of honk) and then stopped.
Then, a few seconds later, it sounded like it was trying to restart
itself, would turn on a half a second, honk and stop again. I turned
the knob back to the beginning of the cycle to see if that would help,
but I get the same situation - tries to start, honks and stops.

I don't know if this means I need a new motor and pump like he
http://www.repairclinic.com/0081.asp?RccPartID=820985
but I don't know if its worth the cost of parts and installation
(dishwasher is from the 80's). No recalls on this model as far as I found.

Any ideas of what it would the problem might be and the cost to repair?