Phisherman

On Sun, 6 Mar 2005 08:24:31 +1300, "John H"
wrote:

Does anyone know about the accuracy of electronic moisture meters. I have
just had double glazing installed and the sales person said I should get a
dehumidifier and moister meter. I have a hygrometer on an old barometer in
the hall.
John

You can calibrate your hygrometer or at least see the accuracy of it.
Take it in the bathroom and take a long steamy shower. The dial
should be right at 100%. Then, just after the oven has cooled down
to 100 degrees, place the unit in the oven. After 10 minutes it
should read 0% or close to it.