Ralph Mowery

"Alan Greenspam" wrote in message
news:UBsWd.47360$s16.43090@trndny02...
I have an GE GSD500P-45AW dishwasher that stopped working in the middle
of the wash cycle. It made a loud beep (more of honk) and then stopped.
Then, a few seconds later, it sounded like it was trying to restart
itself, would turn on a half a second, honk and stop again. I turned
the knob back to the beginning of the cycle to see if that would help,
but I get the same situation - tries to start, honks and stops.

I don't know if this means I need a new motor and pump like he
http://www.repairclinic.com/0081.asp?RccPartID=820985
but I don't know if its worth the cost of parts and installation
(dishwasher is from the 80's). No recalls on this model as far as I

found.

Any ideas of what it would the problem might be and the cost to repair?

From what I have seen ,the cost of the parts and especially if you have to
pay to have them installed it is usually not worth it to have things
repaired if they are very old. The repair people are making a big markup on
the parts plus the labor to install them. I do not blame the repair people
as to make a service call plus stock the parts costs them a bunch. They
have to charge a lot just to stay in business.