Joseph

"m Ransley" wrote in message
If I could find the "professional" that used regular duct take on my
old dryer id kick him in the head , it is crap, get proper Foil tape.

Ok, not to argue but that was then and they've held up fine for 20
years. The dryer vents do not reach a temperature high enough to destroy
the duct tape, at least not as long as I've been working on them. I believe
it has to have been at least ten years ago now that duct tape was no longer
allowed on duct. I now use venture tape, Caulk tape and heat tape. On
dryer vents I now use heat tape (foil) and it is heated when applied to the
pipe. Actually duct tape may still be allowed on dryer pipe here but
haven't used it for quite awhile. About the only thing I use duct tape for
anymore is to tape cuts and wounds...

Joseph