John B

I paid a high price for the yellow stuff, for fixing gas lines. This tape
is thicker than the white I use for water plumbing.

I have not "googled" this or done any other search. I am thinking that gas
plumbing, being subjected to lower pressure than water plumbing, is not
tightened as much. Hence the thicker tape. Conversely, one would not want
thick tape on threads that must be tightened strongly.

"sligo" wrote in message
I know yellow is used for gas and white for plumbing.
Is there any real difference between the two tapes?
Seamus J. Wilson