Edwin Pawlowski

"Greg" wrote in message
"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
news:n52Wd.62036$sR5.38404@trndny05...
The law was intended for mail-order firms that were taking the money and

not
delivering on a timely basis. Special orders often require a deposit of
cash or CC to insure you will not cancel and stick the company with a
special item they cannot sell otherwise.

Again, I believe that there is no such law. Have you actually seen the
law?
Is it state or federal?

Greg

There are Federal laws covering how mail order can be handled. It is also
required that seller notify the buyer if goods cannot be shipped in a given
time, I believe it is 30 days, and offer the option of cancellation. There
may be exceptions for special items or if a time is noted at the time of
order placement, such as the TV deal that state "allow 6 to 8 weeks for
delivery"

Have I seen it? No , when I visited Washington I spent most of my time
visiting monuments and museums.