Ringo Langly wrote:
Barrie Hiern wrote:
Hey Ringo,

In regards to checking the continuity of the elements you should
have -about - 12 ohms of resistance on your meter for the element
resistance. Also, the thermostats on electrics have little red

buttons on
them to reset them when they trip; might have to push one!

Barrie

Hi everyone ---

Thanks for the great comments and suggestions. I didn't realize

there
were two elements, and that might be it. I'll do some testing, but

if
it ends up being the element then I'll just pull the entier unit and
take it back to Home Depot.

Remember also that suggestion about the dip tube that keeps the cold
water entering at the bottom of the tank. You didn't sweat (solder) the
fittings near the water inlet, did you? That's a no-no because it melts
the dip tube.

As for the comments about my roommate, that's totally off topic and

not
appreciative.

I think the comments actually may have been appreciative after all:

ap=B7pre=B7cia=B7tive adj.
Capable of or showing appreciation.

ap=B7pre=B7ci=B7a=B7tion n.
1. Recognition of the quality, value, significance, or magnitude of
people and things.

She is a roommate and friend I've had for most of my
life, so it's rather insulting that some conclude she's a girlfriend

or
anything more then a friend just because we share a house.

You may appreciate that in referring to your friend as "roommate", you
implied a certain proximity of sleeping, as in, in the same room. You
may also appreciate that in referring to your roommate as "girlfriend",
others in fact paid you the complement of insinuating that you are
capable of being the object of another's affection.

But now you've gone and shot all that to heck ;-)

I guess I
should've expected such comments. Usenet isn't the place it once

was,
and anyone can post off-topic garbage about anything now'days.

And with your invitation, you might expect more ;-)

To those who replied with pertinent replies I do appriciate it whole
heartedly, but to the others, please find something better to do with
your time.

You mean like reading the advice af people we don't know? ;-)