Ed wrote:
wrote

I just moved into a house with an older (maybe 6-7 years old)
washer/dryer set. I was able to do one load of laundry in the

dryer,
but since then the dryer trips the breaker every time I use it

after
running for maybe 2 minutes. I tried lowering the heat but even at

the
lowest heat setting it tripped. I finally set it to "no heat" and

was
then able to run it for a full cycle without tripping the breaker.

Any ideas on what the problem could be? Is there something I can

do to
determine if it's a problem with the appliance or with the circuit
breaker?

Replace the breaker, it's easy and cheap. If that doesn't work call a

servicer or replace the dryer.

Thanks, I went ahead an did just that and it seems to have fixed it. I
swapped out the old 30 amp breaker with a new 30 amp breaker from Home
Depot (cost a whole $9!) and was able to run a 10 minute test load of
laundry at full heat without tripping it. I'll give it a more thorough
test later but so far, so good. Thanks to everyone that helped!