lp13-30

New furnaces are definitely more efficient, but I find it hard to
believe that a new one would cut usage from $300-400/mo to $85. Not sure
exactly what oil costs, but I'm pretty sure $85 would buy 45 gal max,
which would translate to 1 1/2 gal per day. Anyway, first thing is to
caulk, seal, weatherstrip etc. That will give you by far the most return
on your investment. I have heard that if the air infiltration from all
the cracks, gaps, holes etc. on an older house were totalled up, it
would be the equivalent of a 3ftX3ft hole in a wall. Don't know if that
is true or not, but regardless it amounts to a good portion of the heat
loss. Larr