Jerry G.

Try replacing the breaker. Sometimes when the breakers get old, they tend to
trip at a lower current. The internal contacts in the breaker heat up more
because they are warn, and thus the breaker trips.

If the new breaker is also tripping, then you will have to have the dryer
serviced. There may be problems with the heating element, control board, or
the motor. Rather than try to fix that yourself, it will be more reasonable
and safer to have an experienced service person do this type of work.

--

Jerry G.
======

"Ed" wrote in message

wrote

I just moved into a house with an older (maybe 6-7 years old)
washer/dryer set. I was able to do one load of laundry in the dryer,
but since then the dryer trips the breaker every time I use it after
running for maybe 2 minutes. I tried lowering the heat but even at the
lowest heat setting it tripped. I finally set it to "no heat" and was
then able to run it for a full cycle without tripping the breaker.

Any ideas on what the problem could be? Is there something I can do to
determine if it's a problem with the appliance or with the circuit
breaker?

Replace the breaker, it's easy and cheap. If that doesn't work call a
servicer or replace the dryer.

What brand is the dryer, serial number?