John Willis

On Fri, 04 Mar 2005 20:40:24 GMT, "Greg M" scribbled
this interesting note:

wrote in message
roups.com...
I didnt hire an inspector. I figure it's a crapshoot and mostly a
waste of time and money. I looked at the house enough myself.

Crapshoot?! P.T. Barnum had a saying about people like you. You're about to
invest in a piece property valued at hundreds of thousands of dollars and
your not willing to fork over a measly few hundred dollars to know just
exactly what your buying? It's one thing if it's a seller's market and you
have to make a very competitive bid or if you are very knowledgeable and can
spot the big ticket items. But if you opt to not do a home inspection
because of the cost, then you're probably not financially ready to own a
house yet.

Greg M

It is just as much of a crapshoot to hire an inspector as all you are
getting is what that inspector's expert advice can offer, and that is
making a lot of assumptions about the actual state of expertise!:~)

--
John Willis
(Remove the Primes before e-mailing me)