Duane Bozarth

Travis Jordan wrote:

Doug Miller wrote:
no inspection clause means that even
if you
find significant defects, you have no legal basis for cancelling the
contract.

Um, well....if the owner knew of the significant defects and didn't
disclose them, then you would have recourse against the owner. Right?

I think that will depend on state law although probably a general answer
would be "yes" if the purchaser can prove willful failure to disclose
(in an environment where there were not a legal disclosure
rule)....whether anybody state is that far behind the curve I don't
know--even TN had a fairly comprehensive list when I left there a few
years ago...