SQLit

wrote in message
ups.com...
just had an offer on my house which is acceptable for what we were
asking. the house is about 40 years old and we have always kept up with
it - ie: if there was a problem we fixed it right away. the potential
buyer did not request an inspection - whats up with this?
other offers - which we refused had a clause in the offer - subject to
inspection.

I do not trust home inspectors. Every one that I have come in contact with
is a maroon in some respect. My current home is in the final stages of
selling. The inspector sited, no gfci in bathroom, home built in 1999 and
there are sticker that say gfci protected on each plate, gfci outlet is in
another bathroom. WTF do you want? I guess that he could not plug in his $20
tester and read it.
Another one was, tub drain slow, compared with what? It drains in less time
than it takes to fill.

I spend a couple of hours sighting the code sections that apply and send it
back.
The home I am buying I am doing the inspection myself. I do not need to
spend $400.00 for a maroon to tell me what the deficiencies are. Your buyers
may feel the same.

If there was a season on home inspectors, I would have my limit the first
day. As far as I am concerned it is just more government crap to invade our
lives.

Has your realtor handed you the form to fill out for the homeowners claims
you have had? That one is new this year.

Do you know you have to report a death in the home, BUT NOT if it is due to
AIDS....