Mike

Home inspections are not required by the lender. Pest inspections are.
It's up to the borrower and some new home owners either don't know they
can get one (the realtor isn't doing a great job) or they don't feel
like shelling out any more in fees. It's very possible that they have a
friend who is a contractor/engineer/inspector and had them look at the
house with them to point out any potential problems. Someone could make
a list of things to look for and you do the inspection yourself as long
as you can remain objective.

wrote:
just had an offer on my house which is acceptable for what we were
asking. the house is about 40 years old and we have always kept up

with
it - ie: if there was a problem we fixed it right away. the potential
buyer did not request an inspection - whats up with this?
other offers - which we refused had a clause in the offer - subject

inspection.