Ralph Mowery

wrote in message
ups.com...
just had an offer on my house which is acceptable for what we were
asking. the house is about 40 years old and we have always kept up with
it - ie: if there was a problem we fixed it right away. the potential
buyer did not request an inspection - whats up with this?
other offers - which we refused had a clause in the offer - subject to
inspection.

HOuse inspections can cost several hundred dollars. Some may not want to
pay this much for a service , especially if they do not buy the house. I
just bought a house about a year ago. While I could look over the house and
determing a few minor defects, I would hate to miss something that would
cost a lot of money to repair. I did refuse the 'insurance' from the house
inspection. After looking over the insurance contract , it did not seem to
offer very much protection . I was at the inspection (asked and the
inspector said it was fine for me to be there). We only saw what I thought
we might see in a 20 year old house. This was good. It could have went the
other way and I could have missed something that would have cost thousands
that I had not allowed for in the price of the house.