JAMES M. PRENDERGAST

In article _8PWd.156239$0u.27265@fed1read04, "Grant" wrote:

I'm in the market for my first nailer tools. I'd like to get good tools for
my home shop so I've been looking at the Senco FinishPro 25XP, Senco SLP20,
and even the Finish Pro 18 in the Senco line. Also for brad nailers been
considering the Porter Cable BN200.

For finish nailer I'd like the Senco FinishPro 41XP.

I don't really have anyone else that I can ask for suggestions or try these
models. But I would rather buy a good tool that is gunna last a good long
time. My compressor is a 120psi with a 3 gallon tank, but I would like later
to upgrade that for other airtools that I plan on getting. Maybe I should
consider other brands besides the Senco and Porter Cable? Any ideas are
welcome.

Grant,

I purchased two Harbor Freight brad nailers - one and a quarter
inch for $19 and 2 inch for $24. I've shot over 1 thousand brads with
these gun and the only problem I've had was when I let the pressure in
my tank drop below 55 pounds. I usually shot at 60 pounds. Just
finishing up a major remodeling project at home and they have been an
absolute life saver - even if I only used them for trim. These guns may
not be up to the standards need for contractor service, but for the home
woodworker/remodeler/hobbyist they have been just fine for me and I'm
sure I will be using them for years to come.