Shawn

"Ignoramus17028" wrote in message
On Mon, 7 Mar 2005 00:36:40 -0500, Shawn shawn_75ATcomcastDOTnet wrote:

A 3000 psi pressure washer is made for cleaning things like heavy

equipment,
not really for "around the house" type stuff. Backing off the pressure

by
decreasing the spring pressure on the bypass valve would be my
recommendation. When the job calls for it, 3000 psi is great to have,

just
hold on to the gun tightly.

Shawn, what would be the practical examples (not necessarily around
the house) of real life use of 3,000 PSI for pressure washing.

Like OldNick said, heavy machinery. I used one at a welding and repair shop
I worked at that was 3500 psi. We would clean farm equipment, earthmoving
machines and mining equipment before bringing it in for work. This unit
would strip paint in a heartbeat if you weren't careful. We always greased
things like backhoe pins and any other non-sealed joint after the wash too.
The nice thing about pressure washers with this much power is that when you
put a fan nozzle (I think that's what they are called) on it, you still have
a pressure washer, not a glorified garden hose like a 1500 psi unit is.
BTW, you started a previous thread about lifting pallets that I meant to
respond to. For as much DRMO business as you do, why not get a Tommy Lift
for your truck?

Shawn