OldNick

On 7 Mar 2005 05:20:45 GMT, Ignoramus17028
vaguely proposed a theory
.......and in reply I say!:

On Mon, 7 Mar 2005 00:36:40 -0500, Shawn shawn_75ATcomcastDOTnet wrote:

A 3000 psi pressure washer is made for cleaning things like heavy equipment,
not really for "around the house" type stuff. Backing off the pressure by
decreasing the spring pressure on the bypass valve would be my
recommendation. When the job calls for it, 3000 psi is great to have, just
hold on to the gun tightly.

Shawn, what would be the practical examples (not necessarily around
the house) of real life use of 3,000 PSI for pressure washing.

Not Shawn. But like he said, heavy equipment. I use one to wash down
earthmoving machinery. I have a dozer, and the dirt really gets
compacted into the tracks and the undercarriage. Before greasing and
working in it, (and sometimes just to keep the weight down! G) I
give it a washdown. The little 1500 PSI jobs really struggle.

Also, on metal surfaces, you can work on loose paint, or even test for
bad paint jobs. Just remember that what stays on there _may_ have
water forced under it. You need to allow for this before repainting.

I have seen a guy taking off the bottom fouling on a boat. The
fouling, not the paint.