Joseph Meehan

Tony Pacc wrote:
Got a new gas laundry dryer ,is it safe to use duct tape on the vent
pipe I have ridged aluminum piping going outside wall,I know the pipe
can get a little warm.Thanks

No. Duct tape is worthless in area where there will be heat. It is not
designed for long term use of any kind. It was originally designed for
securing coverings over equipment while it was shipped in WWII.

Visit the heating and cooling department and secure some tape made for
ducts. It comes in several flavors, but it generally has a shinny aluminum
cover (metal not cloth) and the adhesive is covered with a tape that has to
be removed and discarded.

Do not secure with screws. They collect lint on the inside of the pipe.

--
Joseph Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math