Andrew Chesters

Chris Bacon wrote:
I want to buy a second-hand stair lift for someone. These things are
about 4 metres long, and quite heavy. Has anyone experience of them, and
whether or not they can be dismantled? What's a good way of transporting
one of these, can that length be handled by arsel farce or someone?
Could I stick it in an Estate car & drive with a length sticking out of
the back with a red rag on it? Ideas?

They are a right cow to dismantle. ISTR the chair comes off the TOP.
Some of the hex bolts I was trying to undo turned out to be rivets
(Don't laugh, it was 'king dark) When you get the chair off you'll
realize how heavy it is. The track too is damned heavy (nearly squashed
my father when we finally got it to move) and it was nearly as long as
the staircase. There was a folding bit at the bottom because of
doorways, which was difficult to remove.

However, it did all go in a Transit.

See other posts re wiring, and it may be worth getting manufacturer in
to install & test. High speed ejector seat anyone?