Leon

"bkr" wrote in message
Thanks for the info, Leon. I have been using foam brushes for my
varnishing so far and I like the results. I'll probably keep using them.

Something else to consider, If the surface does not have to be a thick
protective one and you are going for a Satin finish, gel varnishes are a
dream to apply and you get a glass smooth hand rubbed look. Apply with an
old t-shirt or cheap brush and after a few minutes wipe it off with a clean
lint free cloth. The big advantage to gel varnishes is that dust is never a
problem. Immediately after wiping with the cloth to remove the excess the
surface is "almost" dried enough to touch.