rmc

On Mon, 07 Mar 2005 07:39:02 -0500, Newbie wrote:

Any experiences with this one? I think I heard somewhere it got some good
bang-for-a-buck ratings, but I am interested in user experineces. Yeah,
yeah...I know pros will scoff at it, but average users like myself -
what's your take?

Also, what projects would require stronger 3HP+ motor?

I have the Skil 1825 and I'm quite happy with it. For $99 a 2 1/4 hp
router with a plunge base ain't bad.

BUT. Their are a couple of issues I have with it. Dust collection sucks.
The dust port will NOT fit your shop vac. or d.c. system (with out an
addon). The base won't accept P.C. bushings. After market bases that fit
the router are hard to find. The edge guide is cheap plastic, no where
near the quality of the P.C. or yellow beast.

I guess it's up to you it's your wallet.

YAB (Yet another Bob)