Kim wrote:
Looks like an angle grinder with twin 6 1/8" carbide blades rotating

in
opposite directions. Cuts all kinds of material from aluminum,

copper,
steel, wood to plastic. Cuts thin sheets, tubings, rebars without

kickback
and without burs. Doesn't seem like the blade, at $50 for the set,

will last
too long. Its proprietary so if Sears stop making those blades you

are dead
in the water. Any opinions?

I saw one demonstrated on the weekend. While it did look impressive, I
see a couple of negatives. First, because you've got blades with
guards around them that are probably 7" in diameter, the machine can't
get into any kind of tight spot. Most of my need to cut "anything"
comes during renovation work. I don't see this as being of much help,
because you'd still need the reciprocating saw more often than not.

Cutting loose materials, on the other hand, is better done with
stationary tools. Table and miter saws for wood, plastic, aluminum,
copper (with non-ferrous blades) and an abrasive cut-off saw for steel.

We share my second concern that the blades will be expensive to
maintain, especially if you use this thing to cut steel.

Seems to me like it was a jack of all trades but master of none.

Tim