doozer

al wrote:
"John Stumbles" wrote in message

Haven't got any PVA?

Speaking of PVA ... I'm looking to paint my garage walls & floor soon.
Would a standard PVA solution do me in this circumstance as a primer to
floor/wall paint also? Floor is porous concrete and walls are mostly (very)
porous brick and one pebbledash.

I painted our garage floor last year, it too was porous concrete, I just
used floor paint straight on to the floor and it worked fine (cheapest
bit of DIY I've ever done - the previous owners left the paint behind).
Don't forget to stir the tin before starting though (I did and had to
redo a good portion) being oil based it had separated but it didn't look
like it had from the top.

Graham.

PS. Has anyone else had PVA go mouldy? I found half a tub that I had
forgotten about, when I opened it up it had a sort of mould growing on
top of it. I would never have thought that something could live off PVA.