David W.E. Roberts

Default More power from shaver socket wanted

"Anthony R. Gold" wrote in message
I recently bought a Water Pik (a water jet equivalent of dental floss) but
its power needs appear to exceed that available from a standard UK shaver
outlet. The device is rated at 25VA and it appears that the standard UK
shaver outlet is rated at just 20VA. Anyway I get around just 45 seconds
of use before the thermal cut-out turns the socket off for a few minutes.

snip

Which make?
I used to have a Braun one which worked fine in my bathroom on a shaver
socket, but eventually the plastic tube covering disintegrated and I've
never checked to see if it could be replaced.