PoP

Default How bendy is copper pipe?

On Sun, 4 Apr 2004 17:51:17 +0100, "Malcolm Hackett"
wrote:

I know that plumbers bend the stuff all the time, but I hate plumbing, so
I've never tried! Possible project coming up on behalf of designer wife, who
fancies a low garden fence made of timber with copper pipe inserts.
I had an idea that it might look good if the pipe lengths were bent into
inverted U shapes, but I don't know how easy it is to bend the copper pipe.
How tight a bend might be possible .. is it possible to achieve a U shape?

You've had all the answers on this thread already so I won't bore you
with them again.

If she is into modern art you could do the whole thing with
compression fittings to make a unique fence. Only problem would be if
the local yobs have a King Dick spanner handy.....

PoP

---
If you need to contact me please submit your comments
via the web form at http://www.anyoldtripe.co.uk. I'll
probably still ignore you but at least I'll get the
message.....