Grant wrote:
I'm in the market for my first nailer tools. I'd like to get good

tools for
my home shop so I've been looking at the Senco FinishPro 25XP, Senco

SLP20,
and even the Finish Pro 18 in the Senco line. Also for brad nailers

been
considering the Porter Cable BN200.

For Christmas, SWMBO bought me the Porter Cable 'presser/nailer combo.
With coupon for crown stapler. I'm extremely happy with all of the
tools. However, I knew what I was getting and what I could reasonably
expect from it. See below.

For finish nailer I'd like the Senco FinishPro 41XP.

I don't really have anyone else that I can ask for suggestions or try

these
models. But I would rather buy a good tool that is gunna last a good

long
time. My compressor is a 120psi with a 3 gallon tank, but I would

like later
to upgrade that for other airtools that I plan on getting. Maybe I

should
consider other brands besides the Senco and Porter Cable? Any ideas

are
welcome.

If you're looking to upgrade your air compressor, well, that's a whole
'nother thread. If you're asking the group, i.e. me as a member, I say
you can't go wrong with the PC 16ga and 18ga brad nailers. If I'd had
my druthers, I think I'd have had the 15ga rather than 16, but a
helluva gift is a helluva gift, right? Also, I've noticed that "finish
nails" are significantly more expensive than "brad nails" although I've
never bought finish nails, but I did price them while buying brad
nails.

As always, YMMV.

-Phil Crow