Brian O

"Dick" LeadWinger wrote in message
On Thu, 3 Mar 2005 04:30:38 -0600, "Mike Dobony"
wrote:

"Dick" LeadWinger wrote in message
.. .
We have two, beautiful Kohler toilets that we are changing out with
Toto's. These are 3.5 gpf toilets. I know they can be used as long
as they were installed prior to the 1.6 reg, but can they be used at
all by someone else? I was thinking of something like a mountain
cabin. These were very expensive toilets, and I hate to just put them
in the trash.

You can legally go to Canada, buy a full 3.5gpf toilet and bring it back

the US. You can also legally give them to someone else to use. The

trash
1.6 gpf was a nightmare in my old house. Just didn't have enough volume

get the pipes cleared and had to clean the drains at least once a year.

wished I could have found a good 3.5 gpf toilet to install there. We

were
forced to install the 1.6gpf toilets in the new house and they are barely
adequate. Stupid law that only affects what is sold as new in the US.

If you're having to clean out the drains once a year, then the drain is the
problem, not the toilet. These toilets have been standard for some time now,
and I've yet to live in a house where they are not adequate.