Steve Manes

On 2 Mar 2005 09:39:44 -0800, wrote:

To make a looong story short, I order a front door, just a slab, no
prep, no nothing, just a plain front door, on August 2nd 2004. As of
today I don't have the door, I cannot get a delievery date for the
door, and they continue to hold my money and refuse to give it back
claiming this is a special order door because it's 70'1/4 not the
standard 70".

It's no help to you in your current situation but for the future (in
case you or anybody else needs a quality, custom, solid-core door), I
use
www.interiordoors.com. These folks have great prices, lots of
different styles and were a pleasure to work with. Construction was
immaculate... all m&t hardwood with nice grain and color matching.
Delivery was on-time and the doors were well protected from shipping
damage.

I have no connection with them. But if a vendor does a good job I
want to share them, especially given the ridiculous prices and
delivery times I got from others. I was actually so fed up that I'd
already bought the mortising attachment for my drill press and was
going to build the five-panel oak doors myself until I stumbled on
their website.

Steve Manes
Brooklyn, NY
http://www.magpie.com/house/bbs