Sue

In message , John Stumbles
writes
al wrote:
"John Stumbles" wrote in message

If you've got more than a couple of millimetres thickness to fill I'd
use one-coat plaster. I use the stuff in white plastic sacks with red
logo & printing on it, from B&Q (and maybe other places - it's not an
own-brand but I can't remember the brand name). That goes on up to
50mm thick (they say) and doesn't sag the way polyfilla does. There
are own-brands in the sheds which may be alright - I haven't tried.

I've pried away some of the shot plaster and it's about 3-4mm
thick, so not nearly as bad as I thought. Haven't got any PVA

Haven't got any PVA?

HAVEN'T GOT ANY PVA?!!!

And you have the temerity to show yourself on a DIY forum?!!!

Sorry, neither have I - what do I need that for?

Is it any good for a loose mortice joint in a sofa?

--
Sue ];(