Ron Stitt

Default Kinda OT question

We have a chain carving of a bear. Its about 4' tall and about 2-3' around
made out of I don't know what kind of log? Anyway, it sets outside but on a
porch so it don't get wet but it does get some sun. It is starting to crack
in several places like the log is really drying out. We live in Florida
where the humidity is not low. Any recommendations on what kind of finish to
stop the cracking. Its real rough so I don't think something could be
brushed on. Is there some kind of oil that would soak in and protect the
beast (bear)?

Thanks Ron

"If it isn't broke, fix it until it is"