HMFIC@1369

Thanks for Blue Ridge, I'm calling 84 Lumber and Chester Lumber too on
Monday!

The doors I'll rip them to 4 in strips. I want to keep the pattern
consistent if I go simply 1 x 4 I can't maintain the pattern across the door
width. so the grain is more consistent easier to stain and keep a better
consistency

Thanks

"Rumpty" wrote in message
If you use solid you are asking for trouble in such a wide panel. I would
use ply for the doors and glue on solid strips to the edges, this is done
all the time. For the top and bottom of the door a simple iron on strip is
all that is required.

What ever method you use, you must seal/finish with equal coats of finish

on
all sides to prevent movement.

I doubt you are going to find the widths you require, but will probably

end
up gluing up panels.

Try these guys:

Blue Ridge Lumber
120 Liberty Street, Hackettstown, NJ 07840

Orr's Sawmill
Kennedy Rd, Hackettstown, NJ 07840

--

Rumpty

"HMFIC@1369" wrote in message
I'll use that for the sides, but doors I need solid!

"Rumpty" wrote in message
Sounds like you should use a maple ply.

--

Rumpty

Radial Arm Saw Forum:

http://forums.delphiforums.com/woodbutcher/start

"HMFIC@1369" wrote in message
or even online specifically in sizes 1" x 13", 1" x 20" in 8'

lengths.