Trevor Jones

Hi all, I want pay someone to produce multiple copies of a piece of
metal in a certain shape. This piece of metal will be small (about 1 cm
x 1 cm x 1.5 millimeters.) It will have a small slit in it, which is
meant to fit snugly over another piece of metal, so the specified
dimensions of the metal piece being produced must be reproduced with a
very high amount of precision and accuracy.

I am pretty new and clueless to the world of metalworking, but I have a
background in the physical sciences and math, and am a fast learner.
Can anyone suggest a production method for this piece of metal that I'm
talking about? Perhaps die casting?

If anyone has any introduction to metalworking websites/documents that
they think would be helpful, I would greatly appreaciate any
suggestions here as well

Very high accuracy? Measured with a wooden ruler or with an electron
microscope? Somewhere in between?

How about just giving a tolerance that is acceptable. That will aid a
great deal in deciding which production method will work best.

Also, do you want multiple 6 or multiple 60 000. That too will make a
difference.

Lesse.Hand cutting, punch press, casting, waterjet, laser cutting, wire
EDM, and a couple other methods are all available, but each has it's
advantages and costs, depending on how you wish to end up. Some methods
will work more economically for small number runs while others are not
cost effective until you make several hundred or thousand parts.

Oh yeah! What material? Lead? Titanium? Carbide? Pot metal? It matters.

In short, to get a useful answer, you will have to provide a bit more
useful info.

Cheers
Trevor Jones