You must live on the east coast as I do. These so called water saving
gadgets are a necessity for the west coast people. They are forced
down our throat by the federal government. It takes the industry a few
years to get the water saving toilet to work right. I am not the only
one who has to ditch at least one water saving toilet when it is
mandated by the fed but the toilet manufacturer did not went back to
the drawing board to re-engineer it. But I think the water saving
toilet is a good idea, after being re-engineered of course.

Historically the east coast has never had shortage of water. The
occassional drought does not count. LA for example, is practically
built in a desert.