Martin H. Eastburn

Ernie Leimkuhler wrote:

Well it finally happened.
We are officially liquidating the Machine shop at South Seattle
Community College.

I know what is going on. When I left the 2 year 2 hour program I taught
in Industrial Electronics to a computer job and continue at the local
Community College a replacement came in the next year and lasted two weeks.
I spent the weekends for several weeks going over the inventory I had
that the Physics dept. wanted, the home electronics class and even the metal
shop wanted my heavy spot welder.. It was weird for me to go over the
inventory with friends from the school district and advising to take this
or that. Ten years of Federal impact funds built the program to be like
two others we were assigned to the State Department of Education head - directly
as a special program while other shop classes reported to several sub heads.

While I chose to leave, working 5 jobs at the time was to much for family support,
it was a painful period of time knowing the program I built was falling
apart.

This is during the upswing of electronics as I was teaching designers Solid state
conversion from tubes.

Hope all goes well.

Martin

--